PDA

View Full Version : NSC lost by nominee need help

hasten
13-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Hello

My grandfather invested in NSC ON 7-5-2002 and he passed away before maturity. The nominee is my mother but unfortunately my mother lost that certificate. I asked in many department of post office in various citys, but I didn't get any rule or procedure to get duplicate certificate. (if its lost by nominee)

Plz help me out.

Regards,
hasten

LastWarrior
13-08-2013, 01:05 PM
There is no special procedure for Nominee, it's same. Check the procedure here - Link (http://www.policywala.com/forum/showthread.php/2754-I-have-lost-my-NSC-certificate-how-to-claim-money).

hasten
13-08-2013, 02:07 PM
There is no special procedure for Nominee, it's same. Check the procedure here -
Sir,

Then who will sign on NC-29 form, indemnity bond etc. There is no criteria or option for sign of nominee in absent of depositor.

Regards,
hasten

LastWarrior
13-08-2013, 04:58 PM
For encashment, the surviving nominees shall make an application to the Postmaster, supported by the proof of death of the holder.

(1) If a person dies and is at the time of his death the holder of a Savings Certificate and there is no nomination in force at the time of his death and probate of his will or letters of administration of his estate or a succession certificate granted under the Indian Succession Act, 1925 (39 of 1925) is not, within three months of the death of the holder produced to the authority specified in the Table to sub-rule (2), then if the sum due on the Savings Certificate does not exceed Rs, 20,000 (inclusive of the sum due on the Savings Certificates issued from time to time and held by the deceased), the authority specified in the Table to sub-rule (2) may pay the same to any person appearing to it to be entitled to receive the sum or to administer the estate of the deceased.

(2) The authorities specified in the Table below shall be competent to sanction claims upto the limit noted against each on the death of the holder of the savings certificate without production of the probate of his will or letters of administration of his estate or succession certificate granted under the Indian Succession Act, 1925 (39 of 1925).

Note - Form NC-29 will be signed by nominee.

Source - taxfaq (http://www.taxfaq.in/how-to-encash-national-saving-certificate-nsc-in-case-of-death-of-holder-payment-to-heirs-for-nsc.html)