PDA

View Full Version : Mutual Funds Vs Stocks and Shares

Rubina
18-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi,
It is noticed about Indians that, they use to invest in mutual funds to secure their savings. I want to know that, what are the merits and demerits of investing in mutual funds and in shares-and-stocks market?
And, which one is better? and why?

Rahul
19-12-2013, 04:01 PM
You have mentioned in your introduction that you provide recommandations to others on Shares and MFs... and you are checking merits and demerits of same here from all the users.. anyway.

I invest in the MFs because I don't have time to research to review markets regularly.

nishurai
11-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Hi,

Indians invest in MF because they have less risk than Stocks and they don't know about stock but there are plenty of good MF firms on which people can trust.

Kumarishant
12-10-2020, 12:11 PM
Hello,
Mutual funds are safe. Investors should not be troubled about short-term variations in the returns while investing in them. Investing in mutual funds by using a mutual fund investment app is completely safe.

karansharma7
21-05-2021, 04:49 PM
A Mutual Fund is a professionally-managed trust, where the savings from many investors are collectively invested as one. This money is then invested in various securities such as stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments and commodities such as precious metals.

Though popular among many individuals, mutual funds have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of mutual funds
1) Advance Portfolio Management
2) Dividend Reinvestment
3) Risk Reduction (Safety)
4) Convenience and Fair Pricing.

Somya
17-06-2021, 07:13 PM
Stocks are financial instruments issued by companies that give investors a stake in the company. Investors park their surpluses primarily in stocks to increase capital, dividends, and voting rights, allowing them to participate in the company's most important decisions.

Mutual Funds, on the other hand, are a financial instrument in which money is mobilized from multiple investors and, depending on the investment objectives of the fund, is invested in different asset classes.

Mutual funds are professional entities that offer professional fund management capabilities and a wide selection of funds to choose from. There are 3 main categories of funds, namely equity funds, debt funds, and hybrid.