PDA

View Full Version : No Claim Bonus : Claiming 3 year old NCB?

Ankit_09
15-01-2014, 07:44 PM
I will be buying a new car in the next week and in the past I have had 3 years no claims on the last policy. In order to prove this to new insurers do these years of no claims still count and will I have to contact previous insurer for evidence?

Thanks,
Ankit

CONFUSED
16-01-2014, 01:56 PM
The new car should be bought/insured within 90 Days from the date of selling/transfering the old car.

If you meet the above critaria, just submit the old car insurance policy and selling document of old car to the insurance company they'll give you the NCB.

CONFUSED
16-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Also Read this thread on NCB - Link (http://www.policywala.com/forum/showthread.php/373-No-Claim-Bonus)

Manish_Kumar
17-01-2014, 02:55 PM
1- You can transfer NCB within 3 years of selling your old car, if you have not bought any other car in between.
2- 90 Days mentioned above is valid only for renewing the same car with the same NCB.

Hope this makes it more clearer.

Ankit_09
17-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys for answering my above query!

One more query - What if the new car comes with a benefit of free insurance for the 1st year.
1- Can I still transfer the no claim bonus of my previous car insurance to the new car?
2- Is NCB also applicable from the 2nd year onward on the new car?

Matrix
17-01-2014, 07:56 PM
1- Can I still transfer the no claim bonus of my previous car insurance to the new car?

Yes

2- Is NCB also applicable from the 2nd year onward on the new car?

Once NCB is transfered it will continue to next year and onward. Till you have claimed on it.