PDA

View Full Version : How to improve my CIBIL Credit Report, which I ruined due to non payment of Credit Card dues?

CSI
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
I had Credit Cards from 5 banks (ICICI, SBI, PNB, AXIS and Stan Chart Bank) and always paid ontime. In May-2011, I lost my father and also lost my IT job due to recession. During this time period I had depended on the Credit Cards and the balances on credit cards, which could not be paid and now reflects in my CIBIL Credit Report. Thanks for god grace, now I am back in job and in credit. In May 2012, I have settled the all the CC outstanding amount but the credit rating is not getting better.

Please guide what should I do to improve my CIBIL ratings?

Thanks,
CSI

CONFUSED
10-02-2014, 03:46 PM
1- Details your your current loan account will stay till 7 years unless your lender (CC company) makes any change in it.
2- If you use credit card then make sure you keep low balance. This will improve your CIBIL score and report.
3- I don't recommend loans except home loan.
4- In case you need a new loan and you are having difficulty because of the 'defaulter' tag, you can try explaining reason for the default to the prospective new lender.
5- It will take years to build your credit history again. Don't dream of changing in a day or months.

Ishithanupur
13-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Some Tips to Improve your CIBIL Report:
1. Credit report checking frequency
2. Constant applications for credits
3. Timely payments
4. Signatory or joint applications

ankitadixit
22-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Paying your debts on time and maintaining good credit history can improve your credit score.