PDA

View Full Version : Can I use NCB of previous owner?

Mahesh
29-01-2015, 09:15 PM
My friend has recently purchased a second hand Hyundai- Accent. The previous owner was getting NCB on this car. Can I transfer this NCB of previous owner to new owner my friend?

If yes, please let me know the procedure to transfer.

Thanks,
Mahesh

nimit
31-01-2015, 03:49 PM
No, you can't.

Matrix
06-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Check this article - http://www.policywala.com/how-to-transfer-car-insurance-of-second-hand-car/

RahulR
15-10-2015, 12:21 PM
No, You can't transfer your second hand car insurance's NCB, if its not on your own name.

If you want to take benefits of NCB you'll need the car insurance on your own name. In this situation you can do one thing, while renewing the car insurance you can transfer the car insurance on owners name and take NCB add on on you car insurance policy.

Madhura
16-10-2015, 12:34 AM
while renewing the car insurance you can transfer the car insurance on owners name and take NCB add on on you car insurance policy.

I am confused :confused: here. Earlier, you said you can't take NCB; now you are saying you can.

mohitshetty
29-12-2015, 11:10 AM
NCB discount is given based on the driving skill of any person and transferring it to any other individual is not possible so you can only transfer your own NCB if you change your car you can not transfer anyone's NCB.