PDA

View Full Version : Third party cover

Samrat
12-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I have one 1999 model Maruti 800 car, as the vehclie is very old so I just want to go for Third party Cover. But no company is giving me Third party cover. They are saying because premium is less they won't give.

Please help! What should I do?

Expert
12-03-2009, 06:33 PM
In case of refusal of third party cover of motor vehicle by the insurer, a complaint can be lodged online with Grievance Cell of IRDA on the website www.irdaindia.org. Complaint can also be lodged with the concerned Insurance Ombudsman who do not charge any fees for the same. Grievances pertaining to policy and claims can also be reported to the grievance cell of insurers on their web sites. Insurance companies are also liable to pay interest at the rate of 2% above the bank rate, in cases of delay in the payment of claims as per the Insurance Regulatory and Development
Authority (Protection of Policyholders’ Interests) Regulations 2002.

Madhura
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I am also facing the same issue. I have 1999 Maruti - 800 Car. I want to insure the above for Third Party, I have contacted ICICI Lombard, Iffco-Tokio (with them my another car Maruti Wagon R is insured.), but both of them said no to me.