PDA

View Full Version : Transfering the motor insurance policy to new city

Yogesh
28-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Hello All,

My Hyundai Santro is insured with National Insurance Co., Delhi. Now I am moving out of the current city (Delhi) to new city (Mumbai) and new state. Now could you please let me know how can I transfer the motor insurance policy to my current city. What is to be done?

Expert
29-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Yogesh,

Your Insurance Policy is valid all over india. But as location has changed from Delhi to Mumbai. This has to be informed to the Insurance Comapny with a formal communication, just write a letter informing them about your movement to new city and provide them your new address.

Expert
14-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Just to add to this if the user is moving from non metro to metro than the insurance company might charge addtional premium from the insured, because the risk would increase in metro city, so the premium amount.

CONFUSED
08-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Premium Rate varies based on Registration City – Higher premium is charged for metro and state capitals as compared to remaining cities.

maxjlone
21-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Just contact your insurance company with the details on your new car. They'll add it to your policy and drop the old one. They'll then recompute the premium for the balance of the policy period and either send you a bill if it's higher, or refund the difference if it's lower.