PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance - without the vehicle in town

anuraggoel_07
07-04-2009, 03:18 PM
We have a Hyundai Santro - 2005 model. Which is parked and kept at my home town Lucknow. I am presently working and living in Nagpur. Can I renew the policy in Nagpur, without the vehicle in Nagpur?

PolicyWala
10-04-2009, 04:08 PM
In case of comprehensive car insurance cover, if there is no gap in the insurance cover, there is no need to produce the vehicle at the time of renewal.

But please take care at the time of filling up the proposal form, please mention correct location of proposed vehicle and area of operation of vehicle (where you are using the vehicle in day to day affaires)

Raj
16-06-2009, 02:02 PM
We have a Hyundai Santro - 2005 model. Which is parked and kept at my home town Lucknow. I am presently working and living in Nagpur. Can I renew the policy in Nagpur, without the vehicle in Nagpur?

As mentioned by the policywala that you can insure in anywhere before expire of the policy. But I would suggest you to go to local insurer, because it will help you in case of claim. Because sometimes the Pvt. Co. don't have offices in small cities.