PDA

View Full Version : Is cover note ONLY valid for 30 days?

VarunD
17-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi All,

Today I have faced a strange issue. I have Maruti Van, which we use to transfer goods to various customer's home (As home delivery). Today we (Our Van) have been challaned by the delhi police by saying that he does not have the Insurance Policy.

He had showed them the Cover Note but the Police man told him that this has been expired as it is mentioned on the cover note that it valid only for 30 Days. I have taken insurance on 14/01/2009, so this cover note is valid upto 13/02/2009.

Could you please tell me is it right?
How to get policy document?

Please Advice.

PolicyWala
27-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi All,

Today I have faced a strange issue. I have Maruti Van, which we use to transfer goods to various customer's home (As home delivery). Today we (Our Van) have been challaned by the delhi police by saying that he does not have the Insurance Policy.

He had showed them the Cover Note but the Police man told him that this has been expired as it is mentioned on the cover note that it valid only for 30 Days. I have taken insurance on 14/01/2009, so this cover note is valid upto 13/02/2009.

Could you please tell me is it right?
Please Advice.
It is not right. The cover note is valid till 30 Days. But you have to show him the Insured Period, which is also mentioned on the cover note. Now call your insurance company and give them details of your Agent, Cover Note No., date of issue of the cover note and the insured period details and ask them to issue the policy document (If they haven't) issued the one. And go to the Traffic Police with the Policy Document and got back the challan amount.

How to get policy document?
This Question, I have answered above.

Tarun
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=VarunD;488]
[QUOTE]

Its very strange thing. And I suggest you to go to the police station and show your covernote/ Policy and ask for refund of the challan amount.