PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance - Pre Existing Medical Conditions and Age 66

nikhil_singh
20-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I am looking for Travel Insurance for my Father. He is 66, had a heart attack 10 years ago and subsequently had a bypass surgery. In the last couple of years he's been diagnosed and treated for diabetes.

Queries -
1- Do you think getting travel insurance is going to be straight forward?
2- Is there any chance of getting Pre existing conditions covered?
3- If yes, please provide the insurance company?

sharulgoel
23-04-2009, 10:35 AM
The "pre-existing medical conditions" clauses says "you do not have any pre-existing medical conditions".

This is mentioned in small print, so please read policy document and policy wording carefully.

muditagarwal
24-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Sharul,

Policy Document I know and understand but what is this Policy Wording :confused:? Any idea.

Thanks in advance!

PolicyWala
25-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I am looking for Travel Insurance for my Father. He is 66, had a heart attack 10 years ago and subsequently had a bypass surgery. In the last couple of years he's been diagnosed and treated for diabetes.

Queries -
1- Do you think getting travel insurance is going to be straight forward?
No

2- Is there any chance of getting Pre existing conditions covered?
Pre - existing conditions cannot be covered under any medical policy. (May cover in the group policy)

3- If yes, please provide the insurance company?

There are two solutions to the pre-existing mediacal condition problem.
1- Shop around for insurance as if you had no pre existing medical conditions. Then after identifying the cheapest, ring them up and ask to speak the underwriter. They will ask many questions and will probably not cover any incident that related back to the pre-existing medical condition. But at least you will get cover for everything else. Mention every detail you know about pre-existing conditions.
2- Get a credit card with travel insurance cover included. These often exclude pre-existing medical conditions but will provide automatic cover for all else.

PolicyWala
25-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Sharul,

Policy Document I know and understand but what is this Policy Wording :confused:? Any idea.

Thanks in advance!

Policy wording is the document supplied with the policy which explain the insurance terms and various details like -
1- What the policy is covering and exclusions etc.?
2- What precautions you have to take?
3- Whom to contact in case of claim?

Hope now its clear.