PDA

View Full Version : Group Health Insurance cover

tigershark
03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I am working with a leading MNC and I am covered under the group health insurance cover provided by my company.

1- Should I go for another health insurance cover also?
2- Are the covers offered under an individual health insurance policy is the same as those provided under group health insurance insurance?
3- Does Critical Health Insurance and Personal Accident are also covered under the health insurance or we need to buy them as a rider?

Regards,
tigershark :confused:

CONFUSED
04-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I am working with a leading MNC and I am covered under the group health insurance cover provided by my company.

1- Should I go for another health insurance cover also?

Now almost all insurance companies are offering individual covers. If you are covered under group insurance policy, you should take another individual health insurance cover, in addition to the base employee cover which is been provided by your employer. Both the covers- employer’s as well as the one you buy separately - can be claimed. Additional cover is useful in following conditions -
A- A number of expenses are not covered under the cover provided by the employer. Suppose you are ill and you are off work for two to three months. You may also go on leave without pay. This is not covered under standard Group Health Insurance Cover.
B- Now a days Medical expenses are too much. Suppose, If you have a major Surgery expense which may exhaust your medical expense limit. Now in this case the individual health policy will cover the rest of the expenses.
C- Third major benefit of the individual cover is that it is life long and you can continue it without a break. But you can’t carry forward the cover provided by your employee, in case if you are changing a job or are in between jobs. The employer’s cover will lapse.

2- Are the covers offered under an individual health insurance policy is the same as those provided under group health insurance insurance?
Most of the Health Insurance Policies coverage differ. They are created on the basis of the requirement of the proposer. So please consult you investment advisor, before buying any policy.

3- Does Critical Health Insurance and Personal Accident are also covered under the health insurance or we need to buy them as a rider?

Regards,
tigershark :confused:
Not part of the standard Policy.But these can be covered as a rider.

PolicyWala
27-07-2009, 03:41 PM
All the answers given in the above post by Confused are in details. I just want to add - if you don't want to buy full healt insurance buy the top up plans. They will help you during you leave the current organisation and also cover your pre-existing cover after 4 years.

Policy_expert
17-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Go for Top Up Plans of PSU insurance companies.