PDA

View Full Version : Insurance institute - for becoming a insurance agent

LuCkY SaNdEsH
04-06-2009, 10:50 AM
I want to do a course for becoming a insurance agent.Would anyone tell me about an insurance institute which does provide the above course and the fee of the same?

thanks
LS :cool:

Contractor
06-06-2009, 10:54 AM
You need not do any course in insurance to become a agent. It's 10o hours training, which is made mandatory by IRDA. If you want to do any insurance qualification under your belt then comes Insurance Institute of India which offers courses in insurance in India.

You can get more details from www.insuranceinstituteofindia.com

Tushar
06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
You need a sponsering insurance company, which will sponser your insurance agent training course. The company, for which you will work as an agent, will arrenge training for you. But some private company charge you some money before hand.

Madhura
06-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi,

To become Insurance Agent you need to undergo 100 hr training followed by exam of IRDA. this traning and exam can be done on online as well as class room basis. You need to approach a right insurance company, they will arrange everything for you.

Regards,
Madhura

Master
22-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I want to do a course for becoming a insurance agent.Would anyone tell me about an insurance institute which does provide the above course and the fee of the same?

thanks
LS :cool:

As per licindia.com -
Simple step-by-step guide on how to become an LIC agent
Eligibility:
12th standard pass
Age 18 and above
Process:
Contact your nearest Branch Office and meet the Development Officer there.

The Branch Manager (I/C) will conduct an interview, and if found suitable, you will be sent to training at Divisional/Agency Training Centre.

The training is for 100 hours and covers all aspects of Life Insurance Business.
After successful completion of training you will have sit for Pre-Licencing examination conducted by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA).

After successful completion of the examination you will awarded a Licence by the IRDA to work as an insurance agent.

You will be appointed as an agent by the Branch Office and you will be a part of the team under your Development Officer.

The Development Officer will impart you field training and other valuable inputs which will help you in the market place.