PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Insurance Company

Rahul
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I own two cars - Maruti WagonR (two years old) and Maruti Alto (one year old). Both the above car has been purchased from the same Maruti car dealer. First car insurance is from Maruti insurance. During the month of Feb'09 - I got a call from my car dealer for insurance renewal for the second car. I went there personally and got the renewal done. I have just checked the name, address and Alto in the policy document. In the month of March'09 the above car is damage from the back in my society premises.

I have taken the car to the above dealer’s workshop with my license, RC and policy document. Here the insurance claim manager told me that the registration number mentioned in the Policy Document and RC is different. It’s shocking for me because I have myself insured the vehicle. I have checked the policy document and found that engine no, chassis no and Name of the insured is same as in the RC but the registration number is of my Wagon R. Now it was a big surprise to me. Now I have contacted the insurance department in the dealer office and told him all the above things. They have checked every thing and issued an amendment to my previous policy.

So after this - I would suggest everybody to check :eek: the policy document completely before leaving the insurance office.

PolicyWala
05-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks Rahul for sharing your experience with us.

Its an eye opener for us. Its good that in your case Engine No and Chasis No are there is the policy, If these were not been there than there would have been a problem for endorsement.

rohit
14-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi All,

I would like to share my experience of my Maruti Alto - Car insurance. I have installed Nippon anti theft device in my car and but last year, I could not get discount of the Anti theft Device installed in the car. At that time they have told me that discount is only valid if the device is apprived by Automobile Research Association of India (ARAI), Pune. But when I have renewed the car this time they have given me 5% Discount in the OD premium.

So sharing my experience, so that others also take this discount.
If you have any question on this please ask me.