PDA

View Full Version : Which LOMA certificate is best for my profile?

GURU
04-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi guys,

I am a new user of this community, have very limited knowledge about LOMA, I am an MBA going to join 3i Infotech (Isurance domain). I am looking for some certification before I join 3i Infotech.

I have no idea that which Loma certificate.

Could anybody here help me out with this?

Thanks in Advance.
GURU

Malik
07-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi Guru,

First of all, I presume you will be working as BA in 3i (insurance domain). You are right there are various certificate available on LOMA site but for those who want to make career in Life Insurance sector goes for FLMI (consists of 10 papers), includes ALMI (5 papers)

Malik:eek:

GURU
13-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi Malik,

Thanks for the reply

Yes I will be working as BA only. Actually I want to gain the domain expertise in insurance vertical in IT sector. For that, the LOMA certificate are sufficient or need to do some more? and do you have any idea about the cost of these certificates?

Malik
13-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Great to hear that you want to be in insurance domain. FLMI is the certification that is very much recognised in the industry, mostly in US & Canada. But you can gain good knowledge by doing the certification.

Cost wise It's bit costly affair. If your co is a member of LOMA then it costs $70/paper.