PDA

View Full Version : Can I change insurance provider whilst I have a claim ongoing?

Malik
13-06-2009, 05:02 PM
I had recently made a claim on my car insurance for a dent that I have caused myself by driving wrong side on the main road. Since I have made the claim about two weeks ago, I have decided to change insurance provider as my policy was due for renewal and I am getting better price elsewhere.

The repair work has not yet been carried out on my car although the matter is in hand between my car repair garage and the insurance company. Will changing insurance provider affect my claim or should I have stuck with them until it was all signed and sealed?

Policy_expert
14-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Changing provider should not affect the outstanding claim.
However, for your own sake, make sure you have declared the correct NCD, and that the new insurer is aware of the current claim - you don't want them invalidating your insurance later if they aren't aware.

Any problems with your original insurer not delivering, feel free to give them hassle.

Raj
16-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I had recently made a claim on my car insurance for a dent that I have caused myself by driving wrong side on the main road. Since I have made the claim about two weeks ago, I have decided to change insurance provider as my policy was due for renewal and I am getting better price elsewhere.

The repair work has not yet been carried out on my car although the matter is in hand between my car repair garage and the insurance company. Will changing insurance provider affect my claim or should I have stuck with them until it was all signed and sealed?

The claim is happen on old policy and if you renew it would be a new policy. Both of them are seprate policies. So it would not be any problem if you renew with another insurance company.