PDA

View Full Version : Scope of CPCU

gauravthegreat
14-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Hey guys

I am working as an insurance underwriter with IFFCO - TOKIO General Insurance , Gurgaon. I would like to know the scope, work opportunity - In India/global, level of difficulty, no.of papers that could be feasible to attempt at a time, best buy study materials, studying without public classes etc.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Expert
15-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey guys

I am working as an insurance underwriter with IFFCO - TOKIO General Insurance , Gurgaon. I would like to know the scope, work opportunity - In India/global, level of difficulty, no.of papers that could be feasible to attempt at a time, best buy study materials, studying without public classes etc.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav, It is nice that you are working on Iffco-Tokio. CPCU is a international qualification based on US insurance policies. So if you want to work in US in future or want to work in the backoffice of any US insurance company than it would be benificial for you.

Now a days many IT companies are also hiring India Insurance professional, who are having international insurance qualifications like CPCU or CII as Business Analysts.

Master
14-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I am agree with Expert. International certification will only help you if you want to work there or want to work in offshore or backoffice in India. For India - Indian qualification are very good even they are internationaly accepted.

Hope this makes some sense.