PDA

View Full Version : Which Credit Card is the best -- Need your opinion please

Raj
15-06-2009, 09:20 AM
I am looking for a credit card with which I can do internet transactions ( esp book IRCTC tickets etc) such that I do not pay a surcharge (As I have to if i use my debit card)
If the card has any tie ups wityh petrol companies, such that cash back or point are accumulated for filling fuel -- This will be an added bonus.

Eagerly looking for your suggestions/ advice

Thank you.

Expert
15-06-2009, 12:29 PM
All Cards are good; you just need to consider below points:

1. First and most important - Never take credit card from bank in which you have salary/saving account, in case of any settlement they can withdraw fee and amount without your consent.
2. Always look for the online statement and payment options available for that bank, otherwise you just keep searching ATM or drop box for payments.
3. Never use credit card just to accumulate points, that’s big trap, not that beneficial as it looks.
4. Always prefer debit card / Cash where ever possible to keep your expanses in control

Policy_expert
15-06-2009, 02:28 PM
To me, I had used HSBC, Citibank, ICICI, HDFC, ABN AMRO, and amongst all in terms of Bank Charges.. ICICI Bank is the best . ICICI bank also has another advantage of creating a Virtual Credit Card online where you can set the credit limit on your own and even remove the credit limit ...whenever you want.. You could use this Virtual Card option to shop online and remove the credit limit once shopping is done.. so you are always safe. On the other hand if you think of Redeeming Bonus points for Gifts HSBC has a very good choice, and has good schemes time to time, and if you are a keen partygoer Citibank MTV Card (if it is still available) or MANHATTAN Card (Standard Chartered) is good as it gives good discount on Restaurants and Movie halls.

Master
15-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I am looking for a credit card with which I can do internet transactions ( esp book IRCTC tickets etc) such that I do not pay a surcharge (As I have to if i use my debit card)
If the card has any tie ups wityh petrol companies, such that cash back or point are accumulated for filling fuel -- This will be an added bonus.

Eagerly looking for your suggestions/ advice

Thank you.

Go for Kotak Mahindra - Freedom card. It has bundled discounts at multiplexes and eating joints

rohit
15-06-2009, 05:13 PM
ICICI is good and you can pay online bills with ease.
Always keep the credit limit minimum.

mayank
15-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Drawback of HSBC: When you are going to redeem reward points, they will charge you Rupees 55 per transaction.

CopyCat
18-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Can opt for HDFC also.

PolicyWala
24-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Drawback of HSBC: When you are going to redeem reward points, they will charge you Rupees 55 per transaction.
Is this a new policy HSBC started? They never charged me anything when I redeemed my points last year