PDA

View Full Version : Transferring my LIC policies

pawan
24-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi All,

I was working in Mumbai 6 Years back and I have bought few policy at that point of time. Now want to change the same to my current city. Can you please help me to know how can I send request to LIC of India for transferring my LIC policies from Mumbai.

Thanks in advance!
Pawan

CONFUSED
25-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Could you please tell what you want?
You want to change your LIC branch or want to transfer LIC policies from Mumbai branch to another.

pawan
26-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Could you please tell what you want?
You want to change your LIC branch or want to transfer LIC policies from Mumbai branch to another.

Confused,
Thanks for your reply!

I want to transfer my LIC policies from Mumbai branch to another.

Master
26-06-2009, 09:40 AM
You have to write a request letter to LIC mentioning your 9 digits LIC policy number and better attach the photocopy of your policy(ies) you wants to transfer. This request should be sent to the current LIC branch.This will take around 15 to 45 days, depending upon case to case to transfer policy from one branch to another.

CONFUSED
30-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Master has explained the method in details.

Or You can go directly go to the nearest LIC branch with the application and photocopy of the LIC policy.

Raj
16-07-2009, 01:53 PM
You can go to the nearest LIC branch with an handwritten application and photocopy of the LIC policy/ policies you want to transfer.

This transfer normally take around 15 - 30 days, depending case to case to transfer policy from one branch to another branch.

Note:
You can use the above procedure for following issues also

Change of Address
Change of personal information like telephone number, mobile, email address