PDA

View Full Version : How to determine an appropriate cover amount?

best
17-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I have taken personal health insurance cover for Rs.3,00,000/-. I have a very silly question that how do I determine that I am been covered for an appropriate cover?

CONFUSED
17-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I have taken personal health insurance cover for Rs.3,00,000/-. I have a very silly question that how do I determine that I am been covered for an appropriate cover?
Good Question Best - Normally people buy some insurance and think that they have full insurance cover but they don't even add inflation figure in the insurance.

The number of factors that you need to take into account while determining an appropriate cover amount of your health policy is as follows:

Diseases: If you are suffering from a prolonged illness or a hereditary disease or a genetic disorder.
Lifestyle: The kind of lifestyle you have, for example, sedentary.
Financial status: The amount of money you can afford to pay as a health premium regularly.

Policy_expert
19-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Here comes the need of Insurance Advisor. Go and discuss him on regular basis. But how to find the right man for the above job is very difficult.