PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation of Travel Policy

suresh
18-08-2009, 09:48 AM
In case I don't want the policy anymore, can I get it cancelled? If yes please tell me the procedure of the same.

Raj
18-08-2009, 12:10 PM
In case I don't want the policy anymore, can I get it cancelled? If yes please tell me the procedure of the same.

Cancellation of policy can come in two ways -
Before Departure:
You can get your policy cancelled only by giving a Request Letter* stating valid reason for the cancellation of trip and the cancellation charges towards administrative expenses would be deducted from the refundable premium which may vary from company to company.
After Departure:
You can get your policy cancelled only if you have not undertaken the journey and you produce your original passport as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken. Any such request of cancellation will be entertained up to to be filleds after the first date of insurance as indicated in the schedule of the policy and the cancellation charges towards administrative expenses would be deducted from the refundable premium which may vary from company to company.

Master
20-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Always submit passport in original and photocopy of it for cancellation. A written application mentioning the reasons of cancellation is also necessary.