Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Documents required for opening an RD in Post Office?

  1. #1
    PolicyWala NewBie New Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    22

    Question Documents required for opening an RD in Post Office?

    What all documents are required for opening an RD in Post Office? Do you must have an account in Post Office for the same?


  2. #2
    PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Bee View Post
    What all documents are required for opening an RD in Post Office? Do you must have an account in Post Office for the same?
    YES, You must have an account in Post Office. The minimum investment in a post-office RDA is Rs 10 and then in multiples of Rs. 5/- for a period of 5 years. There is no prescribed upper limit on your investment.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'

  3. #3
    PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Form for opening RD account - http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pdfForms/SB-103(a).pdf
    Application Form for automatic transfer from PO Savings Account to RD Account(s) - http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pdfForms...FromSBtoRD.pdf

    More Info - http://www.indiapost.gov.in/POSBActs/PORDRules1981.pdf
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'

  4. #4
    PolicyWala Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Policy_expert View Post
    Form for opening RD account - http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pdfForms/SB-103(a).pdf
    Application Form for automatic transfer from PO Savings Account to RD Account(s) - http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pdfForms...FromSBtoRD.pdf

    More Info - http://www.indiapost.gov.in/POSBActs/PORDRules1981.pdf
    Thanks Policy_Expert for sharing the links with us. But still I am also looking for the documents required for opening RD account.

  5. #5
    PolicyWala NewBie New Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    22

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharma View Post
    But still I am also looking for the documents required for opening RD account.
    Same question is in my mind. Looking for further help on the same.

  6. #6
    PolicyWala Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Take you ID like Driving licence or Passport and PAN. And some money .
    The road to success??.. Is always under construction.


Similar Threads

  1. Documents required for Fire Insurance Claim
    By Abhishek in forum Home Insurance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-02-2010, 04:20 PM
  2. New PPF Account Opening?
    By vinit in forum PPF, NSC, Post Office Scheme & Fixed Deposits
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-09-2009, 04:06 PM
  3. Home - Used as Office
    By chandrasekhar in forum Home Insurance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-08-2009, 01:11 PM
  4. Documents Required for Student Educational loan?
    By Debarghya Ghosh in forum Loan
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-04-2009, 11:43 AM
  5. Documents for Loan
    By Expert in forum Loan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-02-2009, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •