Thread: Repayment of home loan?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question Repayment of home loan?

I have took home loan in year 2005. Now I wanted to pay back the whole amount. I have few queries -
    1- When can one get the documents back after repaying home loan?
    2- How long does it takes?
    3- Does the bank automatically send you the document back to you or do you have to go and collect it from you?

Please advice!1

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh View Post
    I have took home loan in year 2005. Now I wanted to pay back the whole amount. I have few queries -
    1- When can one get the documents back after repaying home loan?
    2- How long does it takes?
    Normally bank take around 4-6 weeks.
    3- Does the bank automatically send you the document back to you or do you have to go and collect it from you?
    Please advice!1
    It duty of your bank to send you back the document as soon as you payback the loan. But some time because the papers are in head office and the communication between home branch and the branch you took loan? It take more time. So better keep in touch with bank manager over phone and email.
    Amit
    Pls follow Rules/Guidelines @ PolicyWala
    “The happiest people are not those who live on their own terms…but are those who change their terms for the ones whom they love”

Visit the bank office after paying all the dues and submit an application that you have paid the loan and wants your original documents back at your current address (this in important, as some times bank has yours old address). With in 4-8 week the bank send you back the original documents to your address.