Thread: Refund of travel insurance premium?

Default Refund of travel insurance premium?

I have bought travel policy for two months for a vacation in UK. In the middle of my tour, my wife's father got critical ill, so we have to return back to India from our vacation abroad. As we have returned back in the middle, can I ask for refund of travel insurance premium from the insurance company?

Refund is normally possible if you have not travelled at all. Still please check the policy wording, what it says about refund or refund policy of the company.
    In order to get a Loan, you first need to prove that you don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitish...final View Post
    I have bought travel policy for two months for a vacation in UK. In the middle of my tour, my wife's father got critical ill, so we have to return back to India from our vacation abroad. As we have returned back in the middle, can I ask for refund of travel insurance premium from the insurance company?
    Could you please tell us about the insurance company (you have bought the insurance policy), whether it is a corporate plan or individual plan - to solve the query?

Note - Pls put as much as info in the query.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    Could you please tell us about the insurance company (you have bought the insurance policy), whether it is a corporate plan or individual plan - to solve the query?

Note - Pls put as much as info in the query.
    I have bought IFFCO-TOKIO's Silver Plan and it is an individual family plan.

As per Iffco-Tokio's website -
    In case I don't want the policy anymore, can I get it cancelled?
    You can get your policy cancelled only if you have not undertaken the journey and you produce your passport as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken. Any such request of cancellation will be entertained up to 14 days after the first date of insurance as indicated in the schedule of the policy. In case of cancellation of your policy, a specified amount will be deducted as administration charges, from the refundable amount.

More info - Link
    In order to get a Loan, you first need to prove that you don't need it.