Thread: Wheelchair Cover under Home Insurance?

Question Wheelchair Cover under Home Insurance?

I have got the pemplet of Oriental Insurance - Home Insurance Policy. And I am surprised to see that the above policy is providing the coverage to pedal bicycle. My spouse got bad accident last year and due to that her legs got paralised and she is using wheelchair. Just woundering whether It (wheelchair) would got covered under the above section of the Home policy.

I am afraid Wheelchair could not be covered under the above section. But it would be covered in the contents section.

Quote Originally Posted by Raghuraj View Post
    I have got the pemplet of Oriental Insurance - Home Insurance Policy. And I am surprised to see that the above policy is providing the coverage to pedal bicycle. My spouse got bad accident last year and due to that her legs got paralised and she is using wheelchair. Just woundering whether It (wheelchair) would got covered under the above section of the Home policy.
    Each section is providing coverage for that item. But as suggested you can cover fire and theft of wheelchair under contents section. Or get in touch with insurance company, to check if they offer you some other cover.

PolicyWala Newbie

Section : Pedal cycle This covers :
    a) loss of or damage to pedal cycle belonging to Insured by Fire and allied perils, burglary, housebreaking or theft and accidental external means.
    b) Legal liability upto a limit of Rs.10,000/-

So second part (b) is not covered under contents fire and theft cover. So better go and check with insurance company.