Thread: Two health insurance cover?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question Two health insurance cover?

I have two health policies. One through my employer, one I have bought myself. I have a query, Do I need to inform/disclose the details of both the policies to both the insurer? Is there any legal requirement for the same?

There is no specific need to inform the other insurance company, but it's better if your company is asking your current and past insurance policies in the proposal form or renewal letter. Never lie on that.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.

If you have two policies, say one for one lakh and another for two lakh. If claim arises for 2.5 lakh. Than the insured has to provide original bills to both the insurance company, than it would create problem.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Manish_Kumar View Post
    If you have two policies, say one for one lakh and another for two lakh. If claim arises for 2.5 lakh. Than the insured has to provide original bills to both the insurance company, than it would create problem.
    You can segregate the bill and submit the bill accordingly. I don't see any problem in it.