Thread: N.S.C. Lost, How to claim my money?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question N.S.C. Lost, How to claim my money?

Hi, I have purchased N.S.C. New Delhi G. P.O., in my July'2008, in my name. I had lost those N.S.C., and I don’t have the photocopy or certificate number with me. Please suggest if any way to get my money back.

Thanks,

Kumal

PolicyWala Newbie

You don't have NSC No. or photocopy of the certificate, I am afraid, how to you show the claim that it's yours. Try your luck in GPO and try to find out in their system (I don't think it's also possible).

Hoping for best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal View Post
    Hi, I have purchased N.S.C. New Delhi G. P.O., in my July'2008, in my name. I had lost those N.S.C., and I don’t have the photocopy or certificate number with me. Please suggest if any way to get my money back.

Thanks,
    Kumal
    You need NSC Nos or Photocopy, without it claim won't possible. If you lose a certificate, but have the details (NSC Number, Date of Issue and Name of holder), go the nearest police station and file a FIR stating that you have lost the following NSC certificates, and their details. Once the police gives you a copy of FIR, go to a NOTARY PUBLIC and on Rs 100 non judicial stamp paper, get an indemnity bond for issue of duplicate certificate. The indemnity bond matter will be give by the notary. Then go to the post office, get form NC 29, fill it up, get someone to identify you (any one in the vicinity can do it) and submit it along with the FIR and the Indemnity bond. Keep photocopies with you. The post office will issue duplicate certificate.

PolicyWala Newbie

Thanks a lot guys. Will try and update you the progress.