Thread: Wants to enter into the IT field as Business Analyst

PolicyWala NewBie

Lightbulb Wants to enter into the IT field as Business Analyst

I have 15 years of experience in underwriting in PSU and private insurer. I have passed FII and Diploma CII. Wants to enter into the IT field as Business Analyst. Please suggest – how to approach the IT companies (TCS, Wipro, Infosys etc.)?

Start learning MS Office, Visio and Basic UML Concepts. This will help you to understand the software world terminology.
    Certifications:
    Currently there are no well known & recognized certification for BA in market in India. IIBA has certification which you can write only in US. Also look for any local training centres and get yourself learn UML, Requirements Gathering, DFDs, SRS etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gauravthegreat View Post
    I have 15 years of experience in underwriting in PSU and private insurer. I have passed FII and Diploma CII. Wants to enter into the IT field as Business Analyst. Please suggest – how to approach the IT companies (TCS, Wipro, Infosys etc.)?
    Best way is first work in the IT division of your present organisation, it would give you the complete idea about the job profile and also the recruiter also has the idea about your experience.

PolicyWala NewBie

Thumbs up

Thanks PolicyWala and Matrix for your input.