Thread: Test drive crash results in £300,000 insurance claim

Exclamation Test drive crash results in £300,000 insurance claim

Repairs to a supercar damaged when a test drive went wrong near Aberdeen are set to cost an insurance firm £300,000. The Pagani Zonda S, which would cost more than £500,000 to buy, was involved in a crash last September. The car has been sent for repair to Modena in Italy, where the vehicles are made.
    A spokesperson for insurers Aviva said: "This is the biggest insurance payout we have had for repairs to a private car in the UK." The spokesperson said: "This is out of the ordinary for an insurer. "Although the vehicle was badly damaged, Aviva decided that the car may be repairable and set about making arrangements for the car to be shipped across to Modena, Italy, home of Pagani, the vehicle manufacturer. "There are roughly only 10 Zondas produced per year and they are painstakingly constructed."
    The insurance claim was lodged by the test driver, not the owner of the car.

Source - BBC.CO.UK

"There are roughly only 10 Zondas produced per year and they are painstakingly constructed."
    This is first time, I am listening only 10 car in an year.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by CONFUSED View Post
    This is first time, I am listening only 10 car in an year.
    As per wikipedia -
    Production 1999 – present
    115 produced