Thread: NSC certificates in fire, what to do now?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question NSC certificates in fire, what to do now?

I had purchased NSC certificates in my name (Karan) and due to a fire accident at my work place, I have lost my NSC certificates. Do I need to apply for duplicate certificate or can I en cash them on the basis of my Form16s.

Thanks,

Karan

PolicyWala Newbie

You need NSC Nos, without it claim won't possible. Form 16 won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by karan48 View Post
    I had purchased NSC certificates in my name (Karan) and due to a fire accident at my work place, I have lost my NSC certificates. Do I need to apply for duplicate certificate or can I en cash them on the basis of my Form16s.

Thanks,
    Karan
    This would help you -
    You need NSC Nos or Photocopy, without it claim won't possible. If you lose a certificate, but have the details (NSC Number, Date of Issue and Name of holder), go the nearest police station and file a FIR stating that you have lost the following NSC certificates, and their details. Once the police gives you a copy of FIR, go to a NOTARY PUBLIC and on Rs 100 non judicial stamp paper, get an indemnity bond for issue of duplicate certificate. The indemnity bond matter will be give by the notary. Then go to the post office, get form NC 29, fill it up, get someone to identify you (any one in the vicinity can do it) and submit it along with the FIR and the Indemnity bond. Keep photocopies with you. The post office will issue duplicate certificate.