Thread: Bonus on Mediclaim policy of National Insurance?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question Bonus on Mediclaim policy of National Insurance?

I am insured with Mediclaim policy of National Insurance. Its now more than 10 months now, looking to renew the same policy. How much bonus, I would get under above mediclaim policy? And am I get the bonus after filing or claiming under the policy?

PolicyWala Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by HeadStart View Post
    I am insured with Mediclaim policy of National Insurance. Its now more than 10 months now, looking to renew the same policy. How much bonus, I would get under above mediclaim policy? And am I get the bonus after filing or claiming under the policy?
    You will get 5% bonus (increase in Sum Insured) if there is no claim on the policy LAST YEAR.

PolicyWala Expert

Thumbs up

• No claim (every year) - You will get 5% increase in Sum Insured without extra premium; Maximum 50% increase in Sum Insured
    • After every four claim free year - Free Medical Check up of the insured
    • Pre-existing disease covered after 4 years

PolicyWala Newbie

Is Bonus ( No Claim) available in Family Floater policy also if Yes then please tell me the name of companies

Quote Originally Posted by aakash verma View Post
    Is Bonus ( No Claim) available in Family Floater policy also if Yes then please tell me the name of companies
    Its available in most of the family floater policies. eg. Oriental Insurance, ICICI Lombard.
    Policy wording about discount by Oriental Insurance for your info -
    NO CLAIM DISCOUNT / LOADING A discount of 5% on the premium, in respect of each claim free year, subject to a maximum of 20 % shall be allowed provided the policy is renewed with the company without any break. In case any claim is admitted under the policy, the entire No Claim Discount earned SHALL be forfeited in the next renewal of the renewal of the policy. However, the No Claim Discount shall continue to accrue afresh from the next claim free year.