Thread: Can I apply for two home loans?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PolicyWala Newbie

Default Can I apply for two home loans?

I and my wife both are working in software MNCs. I already took one loan to buy one small flat now looking to buy another flat. My query is - Can I take another home loan? This means that at the same time, I would have two separate home loans. If yes, Do we need to apply to different banks?

Yes, you can take two or more than two. You have to satisfy the bank that you have enough income to pay back the EMI. You can take from one bank, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
    I and my wife both are working in software MNCs. I already took one loan to buy one small flat now looking to buy another flat. My query is - Can I take another home loan? This means that at the same time, I would have two separate home loans. If yes, Do we need to apply to different banks?
    Even if you apply from two different banks they will ask/got to know from your bank statement about your other loans. And also the credit check agencies are also in operation, now in India for credit check before any loan so from there also they know about you past loans. And payment history of loans.

There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on your individual circumstances. However, generally speaking, you cannot apply for two home loans at the same time. This is because lenders typically require borrowers to have a single loan amount available before approving them for a second loan. If you need to borrow more than the total of your current and previous loans combined, then you will likely need to find a new lender.