Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is buying car insurance online safe?

PW Regular

Question Is buying car insurance online safe?

Thumbs up

Its good and easy. Some times you get better rate than applying offline. Always check that you are buying from the authentic adn secured website.

I have bought my car insurance online on icicilombard. Its easy and better. You can try company websites like - icicilombard, bajaj allianz or price comparision websites like policybazaar, apnapaisa etc.
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert

Banned

HI Mahesh,

Yes,It has been safe for me. I have purchased and renewedcar insurance online for my Maruti Suzuki SX4. My insurance is from Bajaj Allianz, but I am pretty sure you can buy car insurance online fron other players also. Its safe, just check if the payment gateway is certified by a good company.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
    Neha Grover

PolicyWala NewBie

Any insurance company concerned about keeping their customers happy will undoubtedly make it a priority to protect the financial information transmitted between them. It’s important to remember, too, that in the event of identity theft, although a headache, you still are who you are. Still, you want to be sure your auto insurance company’s online system is secure from identity predators, so be sure to ask the customer service representative about their safeguards.

It’s easy to shop for auto insurance online. The purchase of auto insurance can often be transacted online as well. Make clear your concerns about identity protection when you discuss your policy with an agent to set your mind at ease.
    Last edited by PolicyWala; 21-08-2010 at 01:39 PM.

PolicyWala NewBie

Getting a quote through online can happen any time of the day, or any day of the week. There is no downtime as far as online car insurance service is concerned. It is providing the best customer experience for anyone who wished to get their quotes anytime anywhere regardless of where they are at that time. There is no time and place constraint when it comes to online car Insurance services.
    Last edited by Administrator; 27-09-2010 at 11:51 AM.

It is quite safe to buy car insurance online, and it is certainly becoming the most popular way, as many firms are now providing their products online. One of the main advantages that you have when you buy car insurance online is the opportunity to compare insurance products from a number of different providers. This is not something that can often be achieved when you ring or visit one particular insurance agency.

Is a vehicle survey required while renewing a comprehensive policy online? If yes then does the surveyor visit the customers residence for the survey?

Quote Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
    Is a vehicle survey required while renewing a comprehensive policy online?
    If the car insurance is expired then yes otherwise not required.

If yes then does the surveyor visit the customers residence for the survey?
    As above answer.

Banned

Yes, online purchase for car insurance is safe. Compare the various companies car insurance policies online than choose the best policy for you.