Thread: ICICI Pru - ULIP plan - Life Stage?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question ICICI Pru - ULIP plan - Life Stage?

I have a small query on my ULIP plan. I have bought ULIP plan - Life Stage RP from ICICI Prudential. Could you please suggest me, whether I continue with it or should I stop it after 3 years of completion. As now the value of my portfolio is around 75k after paying two year premium of 80K(40+40). Please suggest me about this plan.

Thanks

Kagarwal

PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar

Any ULIP plans are to be brought for minimum 10 years, because initially few years allocation and other charges take a big part from your premium. If you are in urgent need of money then, I would suggest invest money for one more year and surrender the policy after 3 years.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'

PolicyWala Newbie

If your aim is investing your your money profitably then I suggest you shift from a ULIP to a term plan. A term plan will give you additional benefits at regular intervals. There are many term plans available in the market like the Bajaj Allianz, Future Generali etc.

Also, since Sept 1 all old ULIPs have been discontinued and all new ULIPs being introduced are all good for the pocket since agent commissions are reduced so premiums are half in the first year!!

PolicyWala Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kagarwal View Post
    I have a small query on my ULIP plan. I have bought ULIP plan - Life Stage RP from ICICI Prudential. Could you please suggest me, whether I continue with it or should I stop it after 3 years of completion. As now the value of my portfolio is around 75k after paying two year premium of 80K(40+40). Please suggest me about this plan.

Thanks
    Kagarwal
    Your ULIP plan is performing well, I would recommend to hold the policy.