Thread: Will laser operation be covered under mediclaim?

PolicyWala Newbie

Default Will laser operation be covered under mediclaim?

I am using spectacles from many years & now I have bought mediclaim of ICICI Lombard.

Can I undergo laser operation & will it be covered under above medicalim policy?

It won't cover cost of laser operation.

PolicyWala Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Navdeep View Post
    I am using spectacles from many years & now I have bought mediclaim of ICICI Lombard.
    Can I undergo laser operation & will it be covered under above medicalim policy?
    Any pre-existing disease won't be covered in the policy. And insurance is not to make profit out of it, so its also against basic principle of insurance.

As per ICICI Lombard website -
    Permanent exclusions of health policy
    1. Any illness/ disease/ injury/ pre-existing disease before the inception of the policy. However, this exclusion ceases to apply if the policy is renewed with the Company for 4 consecutive years
    2. Non-allopathic treatment, pregnancy and childbirth related complications, cosmetic, aesthetic and obesity related treatment
    3. Expenses arising from HIV or AIDS and related diseases, use or misuse of liquor, intoxicating substances or drugs as well as intentional self injury
    4. War, riots, strike, nuclear weapon, induced treatment

Your problem is existed at the time of you took the policy, so not covered now.
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert