Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPO Details - Coal India Limited

PolicyWala Newbie

Last time Reliance Energy sucked the money from the market and market went down to BSE 8500.... I am smelling the same with this big IPO.

PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by samirbajaj View Post
    Last time Reliance Energy sucked the money from the market and market went down to BSE 8500.... I am smelling the same with this big IPO.
    Reliance Energy is not completely responsible for that it's due to global meltdown.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'

Positive reviews pouring in...
    1. Keep Coal India in portfolio for long term: Swastika
    2. CIL's profit may grow over 20% in next 3 years: Sharekhan

PolicyWala Member

Coal India (CIL) has been subscribed 0.74 times (74%) so far on the back of good response from qualified institutional investors (QIBs)
    as per NSE website.

PolicyWala Newbie

Valuation and recommendation by IndiaBulls -
    CIL’s status as the largest coal mining company in the world with access to the vast amount of coal reserves and highly favourable industry prospects driven by huge demand supply gap, is expected to result in strong growth prospects for the company. Further,the continuous improvement in labour productivity, use of better technology leading to a better control of costs and thus, leading to healthy overall profitability of CIL. The deregulated coal pricing regime gives CIL the power to fix the price for its produce which, along with the favourable demand supply position and cost competitiveness vis-à-vis imported coal, is likely to enable the consolidated entity to sustain its healthy profitability. We value the stock at Rs. 317 by using the DCF method (WACC: 13.50% and Terminal Growth 5%), which offers an upside of 41% over the lower end of the price band and 30% at the upper end. Going forward, we expect CIL’s consolidated revenues and PAT is likley to grow by 10% to 12% from FY11E to FY15E. Thus, we recommend investors to Subscribe to the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCaps View Post
    Who all are applying for Coal India IPO?
    Today applied for full (400 shares) retail subscription for Rs.98,000/-. Finger's crossed.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.

PolicyWala Newbie

Coal India Ltd IPO subscribed 11.85 times on day 3.

PolicyWala Newbie

I want to make aplication of 400 shares. Should I go for two applications of 200 shares or 1 applications of 400 shares? Which has best option to get more shares?
    Please advice.

PolicyWala Newbie

S.P. Tulsian - Black diamond in demat form!
    Issue is recommended for investment, even at the upper price band of 245 per share. Retail investors, those who want to play safe, can sell their application at a premium, which is now ruling at Rs. 3,700, for application of 1 lakh. Those who are applying for 1 lakh, can expect an allotment of around 200 shares. This is likely to give a gain of about Rs. 4,800, considering discount of Rs. 12 per share and grey market premium of Rs. 12 per share, prevailing now

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh View Post
    I want to make aplication of 400 shares. Should I go for two applications of 200 shares or 1 applications of 400 shares? Which has best option to get more shares?
    Please advice.
    I don't know which one is would get maximum shares. I would go for Max application of 400 shares.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.