Thread: How to reinstate PPF A/C?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question How to reinstate PPF A/C?

I had opened a PPF A/C in SBI around 3 years back and at that time I had deposited Rs.500/- in account. After that I haven’t deposit any amount in it. Please suggest the way to reinstate it back. Do I need to pay any penalty? As per PPF rules, we should deposit at least Rs. 500/- . Please Advice.

Your account can be revived on payment of a fee of Rs 50 for each year of default (50*3 = Rs. 150), along with the arrears of subscription of Rs 500 (500*3 = Rs. 1500), for each such year.

PolicyWala Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyWala View Post
    Your account can be revived on payment of a fee of Rs 50 for each year of default (50*3 = Rs. 150), along with the arrears of subscription of Rs 500 (500*3 = Rs. 1500), for each such year.
    Is there any reinstatement form for the same? Or we just need to pay the above penalty and give an application with it.

I have tried to search on the internet, could not find anything. Please check with the SBI or post office, where your account has or just write an application with all the details about the account in it.