Thread: Bike Insurance Renewal

PolicyWala NewBie

Default Bike Insurance Renewal

Hi,
    I purchased a second hand Bajaj Pulsar last year .The insurance which was done by the seller expires on 19th February and has been done in his name.I got the vehicle transferred in my name on 23rd March 2010 with all the updates in the RC book.

Now I wish to renew the insurance but in my name.Also since I have not claimed anything in last year whether am I eligible for NCB .The insurance agency says that since insurance will be transferred in my name hence no such claim can be made .As per them it will be treated as a fresh insurance.

Please guide me.

Regards
    Apoorv

Vehicle Transfered in your name - 23rd March 2010
    Insurance in old owners name
    The NCB is only for the person, whose name is on the insurance policy. You can go to the insurer and change the insurance in your name and then apply for renewal. Chances are that you will get NCB as you can show the proof of RC. But it will be problematic for insurance company to change name from back date. But try.

The insurance which was done by the seller expires on 19th February and has been done in his name. I got the vehicle transferred in my name on 23rd March 2010 with all the updates in the RC book.
    But you need to submit insurance documents with the RC transferred forms. They should have to check that the insurance for your bike is in previous owners name.

PolicyWala NewBie

It means that I am not eligible for NCB.If yes can the new policy be in my name and from next year onwards Can i avail the NCB.Please clear the doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by accessapoorv View Post
    It means that I am not eligible for NCB.If yes can the new policy be in my name and from next year onwards Can i avail the NCB.Please clear the doubts.
    You are eligible if your insurer change the current bike policy from the date you have changed the RC in your name.
    After the change in the insurance in your name than if there is no claim next year than you can claim NCB.