Thread: Can I take second loan on my PPF account?

PolicyWala NewBie

Exclamation Can I take second loan on my PPF account?

I have got a PPF load on my PPF account. I have fully paid the said loan, now I want another loan on my PPF account. I have two queries –
    1- Can I take second loan on my PPF account?

2- Can I get more than the previous one (amount)?

A second loan can be obtained before the end of the 6th financial year. With the following conditions –
    1- Only if the first one is fully repaid.
    2- If you have not defaulted on your subscriptions in any year.
    3- If you have not maintained his subscriptions in the account as per Rule 3 of the Scheme
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Expert View Post
    2- If you have not defaulted on your subscriptions in any year.
    This will be allowed only if the person pays the subscription arrears along with the default fee.
    2- Can I get more than the previous one (amount)?
    Yes, you can.
    * SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by Expert View Post
    3- If you have not maintained his subscriptions in the account as per Rule 3 of the Scheme
    Rule 3 of PPF Scheme -
    Limit of subscription - (1) Any individual may, on his own behalf or on behalf of a minor of whom he is the guardian, subscribe to the Public Provident Fund (thereafter referred to as the fund) any amount not less than Rs. 500 and not more than Rs. 70,000 in a year.
    (2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-paragraph (1), an individual may also subscribe to the fund on behalf of -
    (a) a Hindu Undivided Family, or
    (b) an association of persons or a body of individuals consisting in either case, only of husband and wife governed by the system of community of property in force in the State of Goa and the Union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and daman and Diu, by whom or on whose behalf money is deposited in an account and the deposit means money is deposited.
    Out of the income of the Hindu Undivided Family or an association of persons or body of individuals, as the case may be , any amount not less than Rs. 500 and not more than Rs. 70,000 in a year.
    * SAFE