Thread: Was not able to pay my last four LIC premium instalment?

PolicyWala NewBie

Question Was not able to pay my last four LIC premium instalment?

I am a policy holder in my home branch of LIC of India but due to my job I am out of my home town. Due to some problem I was not able to pay my last four instalment now I want to deposit all my previous amount through online but LIC website is not accepting payment. Please guide me - how to deposit it online?

PolicyWala NewBie

One more query - Do I have to pay a higher premium if I pay it online rather than through cheque?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I am a policy holder in my home branch of LIC of India but due to my job I am out of my home town. Due to some problem I was not able to pay my last four instalment now I want to deposit all my previous amount through online but LIC website is not accepting payment. Please guide me - how to deposit it online?
    If you have missed the grace period you cannot pay the premium online. You need to go to nearest LIC office and pay the premium with interest and penalty of not paying the premium and reinstatement. Some times LIC may ask you to undergo some medical tests to reinstate the policy. So go to nearest LIC office and do enquiry.

One more query - Do I have to pay a higher premium if I pay it online rather than through cheque?
    If you pay no extra fee, if you pay online.

PolicyWala NewBie

Quote Originally Posted by >take View Post
    If you have missed the grace period you cannot pay the premium online. You need to go to nearest LIC office and pay the premium with interest and penalty of not paying the premium and reinstatement.
    1. What is grace period?
    2. Is it same for all LIC policies?

1. What is grace period?
    2. Is it same for all LIC policies?
    Days Of Grace
    Policy holders are expected to pay premium on due dates. a period is 15-30 days is allowed as grace to make payment of premium; such period is days of grace.
    More info - http://www.policywala.com/content.ph...surance-policy