Thread: What is the procedure for extension of PPF for another 5 years? Is it automatic?

Default What is the procedure for extension of PPF for another 5 years? Is it automatic?

I had opened my PPF account in 1996 in a branch of SBI, Mumbai and got it shifted to SBI, Pune in 2006 . In March 2011, I have completed 15 years and requested the bank for extension of another 5 years. But to my surprise, SBI officials have no idea about this, they say it is automatic or these is no need for a written request or form to be filled. I am very confused with this!
    1- What should I do now?

2- I am continuously depositing my contribution, whether this amount is earning normal interest.

PolicyWala Expert

For extension of the PPF account for another 5 year, you need to fill extension form available in the bank. Please check with the other branches of the SBI, your current branch may be not aware about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harish Rawat View Post
    For extension of the PPF account for another 5 year, you need to fill extension form available in the bank. Please check with the other branches of the SBI, your current branch may be not aware about this.
    Thanks for your reply - Harish!
    Is it possible to point me to the form?

PolicyWala Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Praveen View Post
    Thanks for your reply - Harish!
    Is it possible to point me to the form?
    You need to submit PPF - Form H. Download it from here -
    http://www.indiapost.gov.in/pdfForms...ntinuation.pdf

PolicyWala Newbie

Till what points we can renew the PPF account? (Means 15 years then 20 years then 25 years)
    Or is there any limit?

PolicyWala Expert

There is no limit. This facility can be availed for period of 5 years on the expiry of 20th years and yet another 5 years on the expiry of 25 years and so on.