Thread: Extended PPF account, will I get interest for current year?

Question Extended PPF account, will I get interest for current year?

My PPF account is matured in 2006 and I had extended it for another 5 years. So now maturing in 2011. I didn’t make any deposit during these years. If I withdraw all the deposit money from the account in 2011, will I get the interest for one more year?

You need to deposit minimum Rs.500/- each year to continue your PPF account. As you have not deposited this amount for last 5 years first you need to deposit this amount (Rs. 500X5=2500) to reinstate your account then only you can withdraw any amount or close your account.
    |Jargon Buster|Before you post, please read the FAQ and the sticky posts on the board you wish to use.|Blog|

If I reinstate my account, will I get interest for the complete last 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajat Gupta View Post
    If I reinstate my account, will I get interest for the complete last 5 years?
    I am not sure on this, but personally I think you won't get the interest.
    |Jargon Buster|Before you post, please read the FAQ and the sticky posts on the board you wish to use.|Blog|

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    I am not sure on this, but personally I think you won't get the interest.
    I was asking this because as per new EPF Rule - "No interest will be credited on the EPF accounts which have been in-operational for 36 or more months as on 1st April 2011." Not sure about PPF.