Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance - which also cover pre-existing disease?

PolicyWala NewBie

Question Health Insurance - which also cover pre-existing disease?

I am looking for health insurance for my mother and father - which also cover pre-existing disease? I am ready to pay any premium for the same. Please guide me, because most of the companies has waiting period for pre-existing disease.

PolicyWala Fan

Most of the companies have 4 years as waiting period for any pre-existing disease. You can check following plans -
    1- Star Health Unique Insurance Policy - pre-existing diseases covered after 11 months.
    2- Star Health Red Carpet - pre-existing diseases from the start of the policy, available for Senior Citizen.
    The road to success??.. Is always under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Raviz View Post
    I am looking for health insurance for my mother and father - which also cover pre-existing disease? I am ready to pay any premium for the same. Please guide me, because most of the companies has waiting period for pre-existing disease.
    You can opt for 'Star Unique Health Insurance Policy'.
    This Health Insurance Cover for Pre-Existing Disease is Provided with following conditions -
    1. Cover for pre-existing disease will start after 11 months, whereas cover for all other diseases will start after 30 days
    2. Cover for pre-existing disease is limited within the policy cover limit
    3. Co-Payment – Health insurance will pay 70% of each claim, and 30% of each claim to be paid by you
    4. 2-year policy period with premium payment in 2 yearly installments
    5. Higher premium than normal health insurance policy

PolicyWala NewBie

Dear Ravi

There quite a few policies in which pre-existing diseases are covered after 12 months of waiting period. For e.g.
    1. Bajaj Health Silver plan
    2. National Varistha Mediclaim
    3. Star Health Red Carpet

You might want to check the products at the respective websites.

Regards
    Ideal Insurance

If a pre-existing disease coverage comes with a waiting period of 3 years, it means that since the day the policy has been issued, there would be no coverage for the first three years. Similarly, the waiting period for some other disease might be different.

Choosing 'Star Unique Health Insurance Policy' is a worthy decision for you.
    This Policy is provided with following conditions –
    1. It offers coverage for pre-existing diseases just after paying premiums for 11 months, whereas you can avail benefits for other diseases after 30 days.
    2. Co-Payment – 70% of the expenses are paid by your insurer, while rest 30% is given by you.
    3. 2-year plan period with premium payment in 2 yearly installments

Banned

Keep in mind that Red Carpet is for senior Citizens

Ya you are right. Red Carpet is also for senior citizens. you can choose any of them.

Hello Raviz,

As you mention that you need health insurance for your mother & father. Which also covers pre-exisiting diseases.But can you please mention the age of your family members. Below I suggested the plan on information you shared with us.

There are some good plans available in market and (Star Health and Allied Health Insurance Senior Citizens Red Carpet Plan) is one of them. Following are the main highlights of plan have a glance look on it.

* Entry age of this plan is 60 years to 75 years.
    * This plan covers treatment only in network hospitals.
    * This plan does not have any waiting period for pre-existing diseases.
    * Room/Rent : 1 % of sum insured up to maximum of INR 4000 per day in case of normal hospitalization.
    : 2 % of the sum insured for ICU room-rent.

* Two co-pay conditions : 50% of claimable expenses in case of pre-existing diseases.
    : 30% of any claimable expense.Etc.

In Star Health and Allied Health Insurance Senior Citizens Red Carpet Plan their is Waiting period of 2 years is applicable for specified ailments and 1 year for some specified surgeries. and Waiting period of 1 year for pre-existing diseases which have occurred a year before buying the policy.

Hope this Information is useful for you.

Cheers.

Banned

Normally there are quite number of health insurance plans available in the market for Senior Citizens, but a few best ones are : L&T, Religare,Cholamandalam, TATA AIG.

The ‘Care’ plan by Religare is by far the best among the lot. The plan offers coverage for organ donor and doesn’t impose limits on various expenses such as ICU charges, doctor’s fees and other medical Charges. The policy further offers free annual health check up irrespective of claim history. The best part is, you can select Sum Insured as much as Rs. 60 Lakh if you want to.