Thread: Mediclaim insurance which includes dependent parents.

PolicyWala NewBie

Default Mediclaim insurance which includes dependent parents.

Hi Policywala,

I am planning to Buy A new Mediclaim policy for my family which includes Me(Age 23) And my dependent parents (Father-58 Mother-50).Can any one guide which company is provided best policy for me?.I also have some dought regarding Mediclaim policy as below.

1. Which option is more suitable Take mediclaim on my name Which include dependent parents or Take mediclaim on their name?

2. What is TPA ? Is Policy taken through TPA is good or benificial?

3. Which company's policy is good?

Thanks,

Amal

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by amalshah1987 View Post
    Hi Policywala,

I am planning to Buy A new Mediclaim policy for my family which includes Me(Age 23) And my dependent parents (Father-58 Mother-50).Can any one guide which company is provided best policy for me?.I also have some dought regarding Mediclaim policy as below.

1. Which option is more suitable Take mediclaim on my name Which include dependent parents or Take mediclaim on their name?
    As your father and mother are 58 and 50 years old, I would recommend buying separate policy for both of them with minimum sum insured of Rs. 500,000 (due to high medical costs now a days).
    2. What is TPA ? Is Policy taken through TPA is good or benificial?
    Third Party Administrators (TPA) is an important link between Insurance companies, policyholders & healthcare providers (Hospitals and nursing homes). TPA’s role is to provide administrative support to the insurance companies for servicing Mediclaim insurance policies.
    More Info - http://www.policywala.com/forum/show...ht=Third+Party

Thanks,

Amal
    Check the survey result here and take your call -
    http://www.policywala.com/forum/show...HT-MaRS-Survey
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

I prefer Star Health and Apollo Munich - their price is little bit on higher side, but good in service. And long term renewal of health insurance policies.

PolicyWala NewBie

Dear Amal

Our friend Madhura is right in saying that you should go for separate covers for your parents. You can look at some of the senior citizen plans that are available. Also, you might want to go for companies that provide life long renewal for your parents. I feel this is the right time to go for a policy for your parents as later they might cross the max. entry age criteria for most of the companies.

Regards
    Ideal Insurance