Thread: Health Insurance Policy for a working professional?

PolicyWala Newbie

Lightbulb Health Insurance Policy for a working professional?

I am a working professional and have been looking for a health insurance policy which will also help me to save tax. Plus coverage to Out Patient Department (OPD) expenses (such as reimbursement of cost of medicines, drugs, ambulance charges and dental expenses) and emergencies arising out of terrorism or acts of terrorism etc.

Administrator

All the health insurance policies give you tax rebate under Section 80D of IT Act. You can claim basic deduction (Rs. 15,000) under Section 80D. Most of the policies cover emergencies arising out of terrorism or acts of terrorism etc. subject to not part of exclusions.
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Anurag_Bist View Post
    I am a working professional and have been looking for a health insurance policy which will also help me to save tax. Plus coverage to Out Patient Department (OPD) expenses (such as reimbursement of cost of medicines, drugs, ambulance charges and dental expenses) and emergencies arising out of terrorism or acts of terrorism etc.
    Only some policies cover OPD expenses but they are costly then other health insurance plans. You can check out - "ICICI Lombard Health Insurance - Health Advantage Plus Policy"

PolicyWala Newbie

I have heard about some health insurance policies by life insurance companies. Is it same as issued by general insurance companies? Or there is some difference in cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Anurag_Bist View Post
    I have heard about some health insurance policies by life insurance companies. Is it same as issued by general insurance companies? Or there is some difference in cover?
    Anurag - There are different type of health insurance policies avaiable with life as well as general insurers. Coverage wise general insurers are providing better coverage. Other than ICICI Lombard’s Health Advantage Plus, you can also try - Apollo DKV's Maxima. These policies cover OPD expenses, which is one of the main critaria of yours.