Thread: Should I need to carry original insurance papers in bike?

PolicyWala NewBie

Question Should I need to carry original insurance papers in bike?

I want to know - should I need to carry original insurance papers with me all the time to show to traffic police if they ask? And if yes then if my bike gets stolen then if I will loose my original insurance papers along with the bike. How do I claim insurance without insurance papers?

As per law you need to carry original papers with you but due to the above risk, I would suggest you to carry photocopy of the RC and Insurance copy with you and if there is need, you can show them original papers later.

PolicyWala Newbie

I carry the attested photocopy of my insurance and RC, never faced any problem.

You need to carry original papers with your vehicle. What if you were out of station and some accident happened with you, and if the vehicle documents asked from you - how would you show original papers? Now a days RC is very small (smart card), you can take that in your wallet. During claims you can submit photocopy of the policy, no problem with that because the insurance company has all details of your insurance in their systems.
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert