Thread: Claim Rejected - Student Travel Insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz

PolicyWala NewBie

Angry Claim Rejected - Student Travel Insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz

I have bought Student Travel Insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz. I went for Masters in UK (from Feb 2010 to Jan 2011). This policy covers Health, Passport Loss, Tuition Fee, Personal Accident, Loss of Baggage, Family Visit and Personal liability. During my stay in London, UK, I accidentally damaged the carpet in my rented apartment for which the owner of the apartment, claimed damages of £800. On my return to India after studies, I had submitted following documents to Bajaj Allianz Claims department to claim the above damages under my above policy -
    1. Personal liability claim form
    2. Claim for compensation from apartment owner
    3. Photographs showing the damage in the apartment
    4. Passport/Visa copy

5. Rental Agreement
    Even though, I was covered under the policy, Bajaj Alllianz rejected my claim. Please help

PolicyWala Fan

What is the rejection reason had Bajaj Allianz given in your rejection letter?
    What is the name of the policy you had bought?

PolicyWala NewBie

Bajaj Allianz is saying that they were not informed before signing the rental contract for rental accommodation.
    I had bought Bajaj Allianz Student Companion Travel Insurance policy.

PolicyWala Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alokss View Post
    Bajaj Allianz is saying that they were not informed before signing the rental contract for rental accommodation.
    I had bought Bajaj Allianz Student Companion Travel Insurance policy.
    As per Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Policy Wording.

Exclusions Applicable to Personal Liability
    The Company shall not be under any liability to make payment for Claims arising out of:
    6.4 the Insured’s liability to any employee (whether under a contract of or for services);
    6.5 Bodily Injury to and/or Property Damage to property belonging to the Insured’s Family, any co-worker of the Insured, and any travelling companion of the Insured;
    6.6 any liability for Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage arising directly or indirectly from or due to:
    6.6.1 livestock belonging to the Insured or in the Insured’s care, custody or control;( 6 )
    6.6.2 any wilful, malicious, criminal or unlawful act, error, or omission;
    6.6.3 the pursuit of any trade, business of profession, employment or occupation;
    6.6.4 the ownership, possession or use of vehicles, aircraft, or watercraft;
    6.6.5 parachuting, hand-gliding, hot air ballooning or the use of firearms or any other dangerous or hazardous activity;
    6.6.6 the use or misuse of any alcohol, hallucinogenic substance, drugs (except those used as medically prescribed), or drug addiction;
    6.6.7 the supply of goods or services;
    6.6.8 any form of ownership or occupation of land or buildings (other than occupation only of any temporary residence).
    6.6.9 Any professional liability arising out of the insured’s profession/activities.

See section “6.6 any liability for Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage arising directly or indirectly from or due to:
    6.6.8 any form of ownership or occupation of land or buildings (other than occupation only of any temporary residence)”
    , so the coverage is not there under your policy.

PW Regular

One more victim of not reading the T&C and Policy wordings.