Thread: Car Insurance for my old car

PolicyWala Newbie

Unhappy Car Insurance for my old car

I've been trying to get car insurance for my old car. I had phoned few insurers and tried to get the quote but they had told me that they won't quote because of the age of the car. Is there car insurance that would cover old cars? The car would only be used for shorts distances and probably less than 3,000 miles per year. I have 7 years NCB. Please help me out!

PolicyWala Expert

Tarunz - It's because of the underwriting policies of the companies you had called up. Please check with PSU companies in your city. You will definitely get insurance with 7 years NCB.

PW Expert

You can approach Pvt. Insurers also, 7 years NCB is excellent record for no claim, they will love to insure your car.

PolicyWala Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Harish Rawat View Post
    Tarunz - It's because of the underwriting policies of the companies you had called up. Please check with PSU companies in your city. You will definitely get insurance with 7 years NCB.
    Thanks Harish! But I have a question why these Pvt. Insurer say no to insure your car, that too when there is no claim in past years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    You can approach Pvt. Insurers also, 7 years NCB is excellent record for no claim, they will love to insure your car.
    Vivek - I am trying but the customer care of pvt. insurer have less or very little knowledge about the underwriting practice of their company, they know more about the product.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tarunz View Post
    Vivek - I am trying but the customer care of pvt. insurer have less or very little knowledge about the underwriting practice of their company, they know more about the product.
    I agree with you on this.
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Why don't you try getting quotes online. There you can also compare different quotes from different companies.