Thread: Aviva i-life Online Term Insurance Plan - Smoker and Alcohol drinker questions?

PolicyWala Newbie

Default Aviva i-life Online Term Insurance Plan - Smoker and Alcohol drinker questions?

I am looking to buy Aviva i-life term insurance plan, but am concerned about the smoking and alcohol questions on the online form. I am copying the same questions here -
    Tobacco/Smoking
    (i) Do You Smoke / Consume Or Have You Ever Smoked/Consumed Cigar, Cigarettes, Beedies Or Any Other Tobacco Products (Pan Masala Etc.)?
    (ii) Have You Ever Sought Or Been Given Medical Advice To Reduce/Abstain From Smoking/Tobacco Consumption?
    Alcohol
    (i) Do You Take Or Have You Ever Taken Alcohol?
    (ii) Have You Ever Sought Or Been Given Medical Advice To Reduce The Level of/Abstain Drinking?

Now, I am a non-smoker and non-drinker but have tried only once smoke and drink that too neglegible quantity and years ago. Also am not smoking or drinking now, however, in future if I require to smoke or drink socially and occationally, will this raise a problem while claim?
    Considering the above and to ensure there is no increase of premium after medical test and no problem should arise while claim in case I smoke or dring soclially in future, should I say I am non-smoker or smoker?

Tasting once or twice will not a big thing and no impact on the claims. But if you are a smoker or drinker and now no more drinking, then you need to disclose this fact in the additional info.

Now, I am a non-smoker and non-drinker but have tried only once smoke and drink that too neglegible quantity and years ago. Also am not smoking or drinking now, however, in future if I require to smoke or drink socially and occationally, will this raise a problem while claim?
    Now as you have just tasted, you can write no in the proposal. If in the later years you start drinking or smoking, please inform the insurance company about the same as and when this happen. You can do this just by sending an email with mentioning your policy details.

What matters is it material fact for the life insurer or not?
    Read here what is material fact - Link
    |Jargon Buster|Before you post, please read the FAQ and the sticky posts on the board you wish to use.|Blog|

PolicyWala NewBie

I think that presently you have almost said no to Drinking and smoking...but you can describe that earlier you used to smoke ...i think it will not make that much effect but still you should tell your agent everything related to smoking and drinking which you did years back.