Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance Or Travel Insurance?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question Health Insurance Or Travel Insurance?

I am sales manager in a MNC. My job involves lots of travel. I have a query that If I buy health insurance would I be covered wherever I go or do I need to buy travel insurance?

Both Insurance has different Purpose -
    Health Insurance - Deals with any type of hospitalization only in India
    Travel Insurance - Deals with any medical problem during your business and leisure travel in India and outside India also

If you are travelling within India, you can go to any network hospital for hospitalization.

Banned

As above mentioned both have their utilities because if you travel abroad and unfortunately you get into an accident and you got hurt your health insurance will not cover that so it is wise to get both insurance as they will safe guard your heath whether you are travelling or not.

PolicyWala NewBie

Both insurance have their own puppose. One is useful for health purpose one is useful for health at the time of travel purpose.

Banned

Health insurance helps you to any type of injury witch are suddenly happens with you.
    Travel insurance is helps you to in case of any problem during your traveling in every where.

Travel insurance provides coverage for your abroad miss-happening like medical treatment, ticket lost, luggage lost, flight terminated/cancelled/missed, any natural disaster and more. Your health insurance policy works only for domestic travel like you travel in India. If you're looking to claim abroad expenses with insurance policy, health insurance policy isn't going to beard this. You will have to buy international/overseas travel insurance.

You need to buy a travel insurance policy which will provide complete security throughout the journey. It covers from interruptions like baggage delay, loss of baggage, flight delays, medical expenses and loss of travel documents, under one convenient package, at an affordable price. Even I travel a lot and I have a good experience from Royal Sundaram travel insurance policy since 2 years and have benefited from the same.

Both the insurance are differently made for providing services accordingly, if you are talking about health insurance then it cover all things regarding your health, medication, test, medicine or any requirement related to your health/body.

Other is Travel as it shows from its name it is helpful while traveling for any business or outing purpose, it cover your life, health and luggage.

Both are different. in simple term, Travel insurance is mainly for travelling purposes. Health insurance is for health related.