Thread: Insurance for tata Nano lx

Default Insurance for tata Nano lx

I own lx model nano with registration done in december 2009. Last year i took a new policy from bajaj allianz with idv of 157569 and paid premium of 3539(no drive assured). Had got 20% deduction on old icici policy for no claim bonus. This time i got a renewal letter stating idv of car as something around 1.44lakhs.No where no claim bonus mentioned and premium to pay as 3544( which is same as last year). Just for sake of curiosity i went to bajaj allianz online site.And i checked and it showed the same figure.Also with drive assured policy rates go around 6k. Again with a fake profile for a new car policy rates went around 8.5k for new car with drive assured and 1.85l idv. I wanted to know have the rates of insurance increased or am i getting fooled somewhere.Because everyday that bajaj guy is after me calling 4-5 times a day to renew. And atleast 10-15% no claim bonus stuff i dont see anywhere. What should i do as my policy lapses on 6th december 2011. I have a pa cover for owner driver as 2 lakhs.

PolicyWala Fan

If you have not claimed anything last year than you can ask for no claim bonus from Bajaj Allianz. Please check on the price comparison websites like policybazaar, myinsuranceclub and apnapaisa etc and check rates of other insurance companies. What do you mean by 'no drive assured'?

PW Expert

There is no fixed rates for motor insurance, any insurance company can charge any premium, depending on his experience in the market. Try other insurance companies. You can also renew online - ICICI Lombard, HDFC Ergo, Iffco-Tokio - all offering online renewal facility.

Thanks! I paid today as I hardly have time the coming week. I paid 6k for depreciation shield policy with 1.85l IDV and PA cover of 4l for co- passengers and 2l for driver. If without shield I had taken it would had cost around 4k to me. But to be on safe side and I might sell the car to get beat later I decided to stick with a good policy. Though next time I surely will take quotes from 5 companies atleast.

PolicyWala Fan

But did you got the NCB Discount at the time of renewal?

Ya its mentioned 25% i will post the screen-shot for reference once my post counts exceed 10 as i am unable to post links right now.